Garmin Running Dynamics Pod gives you the option to run without the need for a heart rate monitor chest strap. You will still be able to track metrics that can’t be measured at the wrist. The pod is easy to use, simply connect with a compatible smartwatch (Forerunner 935/735XT and fēnix® 5/Chronos), clip to the back and centre of your waistband and begin your run. It’s so tiny you may forget it’s there!
This unique run tracker views and analyses your cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These biomechanical metrics can help you understand your running form so you can perform better on race day.
The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
• Cadence is the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (left and right combined).
• Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage. For example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
• Stride length is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
• Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimetres for each step.
• Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
• Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
Garmin Fenix 5
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus
Garmin Fenix 5S
Garmin Fenix 5S Plus
Garmin Fenix 5X
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus
Garmin Fenix 6
Garmin Fenix 6 – Pro Solar Edition
Garmin Fenix 6 Pro and Sapphire
Garmin Fenix 6 Solar
Garmin Fenix 6S
Garmin Fenix 6S Pro and Sapphire
Garmin Fenix 6S Pro Solar
Garmin Fenix 6X – Pro Solar Edition
Garmin Forerunner 245
Garmin Forerunner 245 Music
Garmin Forerunner 645
Garmin Forerunner 645 Music
Garmin Forerunner 735XT
Garmin Forerunner 745
Garmin Forerunner 935
Garmin Forerunner 945