Built for riders wanting to push the limits of mountain biking, this rear wheel is trusted by UCI Downhill World Cup racers such as Tracey Hannah and Remi Thirion. It features a robust aluminium rim construction with a low profile and a 35mm outer width for an ideal balance between radial compliance and lateral stiffness. Spank has also equipped this model with 32 J-Hook spokes and a HEX J-Type hub for strong and stable rolling efficiency, even on the most demanding of terrain and course conditions.
Whether you're competing in a downhill racing event or simply exploring your favourite local trails, this MTB rear wheel is engineered to deliver a buttery-smooth and highly predictable ride feel. Coming equipped with tubeless ready technology, you'll benefit from tubeless advantages such as the ability to run lower tyre pressures for increased traction on rough terrains, lower rolling resistance and fewer risks of flats or punctures as you battle for the finish line. With improved traction over bumps with reduced negative feedback, this model truly maximises performance and comfort.
Spank has injected this MTB rear wheel with an award-winning built-in damping system called Vibrocore. Its proprietary, biodegradable, complex foam core is designed to reduce vibrations from the ground, while also increased the fatigue life of the rim. Its foam construction increases its torsional strength, making it highly durable at an incredibly low weight. As a result, you'll notice a reduction in the dreaded arm pump associated with trail-riding and an increase in comfort and stability.
Build: A-Class Handbuilt
Hub: Spank HEX J-Type
Hub Engagement: HEX Drive 102T / 3.5° / 6 Pawl
Hub Material: CNC optimised forged Alloy hub body, Alloy axle, Alloy freehub body
Spokes: J-Hook, triple-butted 2.2/1.8/2.0
Lacing: 3 cross lacing
Nipples: Brass external
Valve: F/V Presta
Tubeless: Tubeless taped & valved
Brake Compatibility: 6-bolt disc brake
Freehub Compatibility: Micro Spline
ASTM Category: 5
Single or Pair: Single rear wheel
- A low profile and a wide width rim provides the perfect balance between radial compliance and lateral stiffness. All this giving you a buttery-smooth and highly predictable ride feel, improved traction over bumps with reduced negative feedback. This truly maximises the performance and comfort of the rider.
- That same rim is also injected with Spanks Award-Winning Vibrocore. Designed to reduce the dreaded arm pump by dampening the vibrations from the ground to the rider. While also increasing the fatigue life of the rim.
- A 30.5mm inner rim width is extremely versatile, fitting 2.0” to 2.6” tyres. Even allowing +sized tyre use without negatively squaring off their profile.
- Laced to the rim is Spank’s new HEX Drive Hub with a 102 tooth, 6 pawl ratchet for a 3.5-degree engagement. For almost instant power to the cranks, meaning faster out the start gate and out of turns, while feeling really solid through rough terrain.
- With Bead Bite tubeless hooks to enhance tubeless performance and tyre security, even when running lower pressures.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
C090122RE3J220A Black 27.5" Micro Spline
C090132RE3J220A Black 29" Micro Spline